General Bed Bug Control Starter Kit
*To use the Grab & Go 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer, you will need to screw the hose onto the tank adapter per the instructions included with the sprayer. Turn the pump handle counterclockwise to remove the pump so that the tank may be filled.
*Wear gloves when mixing and handling pesticides, such as https://shop.texasbugsorus.com/products/nitrile-chemical-resistant-gloves.
*Fill the tank 1/3 - 1/2 with clean, temperate water. Shake Temprid SC before opening, then add 1 x 8mL dose of Temprid SC Insecticide Concentrate to sprayer tank.
*Secure sprayer pump and gently shake or agitate the tank to begin mixing.
*Remove sprayer pump and finish filling the sprayer tank with water to the 1 gallon mark.
*Replace sprayer pump and tighten securely by turning the handle clockwise.
*To pressurize the sprayer, turn the handle ¼ turn counter-clockwise to release, then pump until you feel resistance.
*Push handle down, turn ¼ turn clockwise to lock in place. Now you are ready to spray. Re-pump sprayer as needed during application to maintain pressure.
*Turn the end of the nozzle to adjust the spray pattern from a pin stream to a wide cone spray.
*Apply Temprid SC to the following areas:
- 1 foot up the foundation of the structure and 1 foot out onto the ground
- around areas where cables, pipes and wires enter into the structure
- around door frames and window frames
- around vents and soffits
- any other area on the structure where insect pests have been active
How Temprid SC Works
Temprid SC Insecticide is a suspension concentrate formulation of two insecticide active ingredients, imidacloprid and beta-cyfluthrin. These two active ingredients affect targets pests differently, offering complete and unique control for the toughest pests, even when resistance is a concern. Imidacloprid is a patented neonicotinoid manufactured by Bayer Cropscience. Neonicotinoids refer to the class neuro-active insecticides that are modeled after nicotine. Imidacloprid works by disrupting inhibiting stimuli transmission within the nervous system of a given insect when that insect either ingests or absorbs the poison into its body. More specifically, imidacloprid blocks a certain type of neuronal pathways which are much more prevalent in insects than mammals. That is why the chemical is much more toxic to insects than humans or animals. Because of its slower kill time, imidacloprid is used when a transfer effect is desired for treatment of social insects such as ants and cockroaches.
Beta-cyfluthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid that attacks the central nervous system of target pests. Made to mimic the effects on insects of naturally occurring pyrethrum, man-made beta-cyfluthrin has the advantage of remaining effective far longer than pyrethrins. In Temprid SC, beta-cyfluthrin provides a quick knockdown for immediate control, while the imidacloprid provides long-lasting results and far-reaching control through a transfer effect. Temprid SC is a liquid concentrate made to be diluted with water and is best applied with a hand pump sprayer.
Ants, bed bugs, beetles, crickets, fleas, millipedes, mosquitoes, roaches, silverfish, spiders, ticks, wasps, yellow jackets, stink bugs, kudzu bugs, wood-infesting pests, and many other common pests
INSECTS CONTROLLED: Ants, Bed bugs, Beetles (including Lyctid or powder post, Anobiid or deathwatch, False powderpost, Old house borers, Wharf borers, Ambrosia beetles, Bark beetles), Blue or Green Bottle flies, Boxelder bugs, Carpenter ants, Carpenter bees, Carpet beetles, Centipedes, Clothes moths, Clover mites, Cluster fly, Cockroaches, Crickets, Darkling beetles, Dermestids, Drywood termites, Earwigs, Elm leaf beetles, Fire ants, Firebrats, Fleas, Flesh flies, Flies, Fruit flies, Gnats, Ground beetles, Hide beetles, Hornets, House flies, Leather beetles, Midges, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Moths, Multicolored Asian lady beetles, Phorid flies, Pill bugs, Sciarid flies (fungus gnats), Scorpions, Silverfish, Sow bugs, Spiders, Springtails, Stable flies, Ticks, Wasps, Yellow jackets
Temprid SC provides quick knockdown and long residual control of more than 50 pests, including ants, spiders, cockroaches and other key perimeter pests. The dual action works extremely well on pests like ants, making it one of the best ant control products on the market. While Temprid SC is labeled for indoor and outdoor use, we recommend spraying outside and around the foundation of the home -- spray about 3 ft. up the side of the house, and about 3-5 ft. out from the structure from the base of the foundation (spraying directly on the ground) -- this will give you a powerful contiguous barrier against pests.
Temprid SC is also a powerful option for bed bug control in residential and commercial properties, even when resistance is a concern. Temprid SC is also labeled for many challenging ornamental pests and has low phytotoxicity on a variety of ornamental plants.
Standard Application Dilution rates / Mixing Ratios:
- 3qty - 0.27 fl. oz. (8 mL)/gal. of water – 0.075% total a.i. – maintenance or preventative treatments
Use 8-16 mL per gallon of water in a low-pressure system such as a hand pump sprayer. Treat where pests have been seen or found, or can find shelter. Use only as a spot spray, crack and crevice or void treatment. Treat entry points such as around water pipes, doors, windows, and eaves. Treat around where pests normally feed or hide such as baseboards, corners, around water pipes, behind or under refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, and stoves.
Bed Bug Control:
- Use at a rate of 0.27 fl oz (8 milliliters) of Temprid SC per gallon of water.
- Controls bed bug populations that are resistant to pyrethroid insecticides. Spray bugs directly wherever possible following site directions below:
- For infested mattresses, remove linens and wash before reuse. Apply to tufts, seams, folds, and edges until moist. Allow to dry before remaking bed.
- Apply to bedsprings, box springs, and the interior of bed frames or headboards, including all cracks and joints.
- When bed bugs are found in upholstered furniture, apply only to the infested tufts, seams, folds and edges, but do not apply to flat surfaces where prolonged human contact will occur. If bugs heavily infest furniture (inside cushions and/or batting) apply a labeled insecticide dust.
- Apply as a crack and crevice treatment to all baseboards, moldings, beneath floor coverings and carpets, closets, shelves, curtains, furniture and picture frames that may provide harborage to bed bugs.
- Temprid SC is not repellent to bed bugs, can withstand up to 8 hours of bed bug heat treatments (140 F), and prevents bed bug infestations for up to 6 months.
* Do not apply as a broadcast treatment to floors or floor coverings or as a space spray.
- Two modes of action for optimal control of target pests.
- Low odor and non-staining formulation.
- Low phytotoxicity on a wide range of ornamental plants.
- Delivers unsurpassed ant control, and also eliminates aphids, scale and mealy bugs.
- Can be applied indoors and outdoors (please refer to label for special precautions regarding indoor use).
- Can be applied outdoors as a perimeter spray 3 ft. up and 10 ft out from the structure.
- Labeled to control some perimeter pests that other products don’t.
- Controls pests fast.
- Combines fast-acting beta-cyfluthrin with the systemic residual control of Imidacloprid to provide premium performance.
- Low dilution rate means more finished solution from each bottle.
Extra Tips for Using
- Shake well before using. Product may separate if stored for long periods of time, but this will not diminish its efficacy.
- Do not contact treated surfaces until dry. People and pets may re-enter after the treated area is dry.
- Store concentrate out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures for maximum shelf life.
- Use in conjunction with other formulations and products, such as insecticide dusts and aerosols, for optimum bed bug control.